Happy Friday! My great friend Wendy Battles-Plasse who is a clean eating coach was recently on Good Morning Connecticut and I had the pleasure of watching her segment. She Shared on the show some of her recipes and I found that in the present heat these were so refreshingly appropriate that I must share! For these recipes, you’ll need ALOT of watermelon! Hope you enjoy! Watch Wendy’s segment and learn more about her recipes at http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/on_air/gmc_weekend/wendy-battles-plasse
Watermelon, Feta and Mint Salad
(Adapted from a recipe by Paula Deen)
1 small watermelon (2-3 pounds)
1 sweet onion
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1. Cut the melon into bite sized pieces.
2. Cut the onion in half and then cut into crescent shaped pieces.
3. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, pepper, and whisk until salt is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
4. In a large bowl, combine the melon, onion, and feta cheese.
5. Pour the dressing over the melon mixture, just enough to evenly coat the ingredients.
6. Add chopped mint.
This light and refreshing drink is a snap to whip up in no time and is the perfect elixir on hot summer days. Watermelon is bursting with Vitamins A & C and also contains lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that helps prevent cancer.
2 cups watermelon, cut into chunks
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
Mix all ingredients in a blender, pour and enjoy. Garnish with fresh mint if you like.
Jumpstart Your Life Balance or Wellness Program with Dr. Maiysha from Anywhere in the World. Visit www.mbswellness.org or call 404-478-9868 to Get Started Now!